We recognize that you have invested a lot of time dreaming, researching and planning your new kitchen, bathroom or built-in cabinetry project. Cabinetry needs to be durable so construction and materials are very important. Our cabinetry is engineered to provide many years of carefree use, making your investment in Christiana Cabinetry worthwhile. In addition, all cabinetry and components (including hardware) are manufactured in the USA.
Applying the finish to the cabinetry is the last step of the manufacturing process, but it is the first thing that you see. Since your cabinet surfaces are cleaned frequently, it is important to have a durable finish that protects your cabinetry while still maintaining its luster.
Let’s review what makes Christiana Cabinetry superior to its competitors;
The cabinet box (sides, top, bottom and shelves) is constructed with ¾” thick veneer PureBond plywood while the cabinet back is ½” thick PureBond plywood. There is no added formaldehyde used in the manufacture of this plywood. All wood used in the fabrication of this plywood is grown and harvested in North America. To learn more about our plywood visit http://www.columbiaforestproducts.com/PureBond.aspx
- Benefits – The plywood is a North American product that goes thru a stringent controlled manufacturing process, which includes proper drying and curing. This process eliminates the possibility of the plywood shrinking and warping of your cabinetry. Because of this stringent process, you can be confident that foreign insects will hatch out of the plywood and no mold will appear.
Twice the amount of dowels in the cabinet top, sides and backs than the industry standard.
- Benefits – The extra dowels create stronger joints, which translate to stronger cabinets. Our cabinetry will support heavy granite, marble and concrete tops for years without sagging or warping.
Superior cabinet hardware that provides years of carefree use. While our competitors may claim to use the same hardware brand, hardware features vary greatly. Please note the following;
Our frameless cabinetry utilizes a soft-close hinge that features a 120° range of opening with a quick tool-less demountable feature.
- Benefits – During installation, doors can easily be removed to avoid any damage can easily be remounted. The wider 120° range of opening provides you with easier access to the whole cabinet interior.
Drawers up to 30” receive drawer slides with a 75 lb. load rating. Wider drawers receive drawer slides with 110 lb. load rating.
- Benefits – Whether drawers are filled to capacity or not, you can be sure that the drawers will operate effortlessly every day.
Drawer Boxes feature 3/4″ thick white maple sides, front and back. The drawer bottom is 3/8” thick maple veneer core plywood. The sides are dovetailed into the front and back and then sanded smooth, just like a fine piece of furniture.
- Benefits – Our 3/8″ drawer bottom construction supercedes industry standards of 1/4″ construction, prohibiting the box from being overworked or overloaded.
Cabinet fronts – Framed cabinetry
Fronts are constructed of solid hardwood, are mortised and tendon together. Doors and drawers are hand fit into the openings.
- Benefits – Framed cabinetry is fine furniture.
Cabinet Finish System
Our Santé and Avenir finishes are unlike all others in that, they are formaldehyde free. These finishes are two component polyurethane systems, which offer superior resistance to scratches and abrasions as well as better moisture resistance than catalyzed varnishes.
- Benefits – superior finish will provide years of service and releases no harmful off gases into your environment.
These are just a few features and benefits of our cabinetry. To get a first-hand look at our cabinetry and learn more about our cabinetry, we recommend visiting one of our showrooms. Click Locate a Dealer on the home page of this site to find a dealer near you.